Last month Malick and I stayed in two different places in Paris, but we kickstarted our trip by staying at Hotel R de Paris in Place de Clichy. When it comes to booking hotels I often prefer to go the boutique route for many reasons. So, with that being said, below are my reasons to stay at Hotel R de Paris.
- The bed was AMAZING and the decor was chic, of good quality, modern and had great wifi. Also the balcony was massive and offered a great view of pretty buildings.
- Who doesn’t love hotel buffet breakfast?! Since the hotel is small (around 6 floors), breakfast was a modest affair but more than sufficient to stuff yourself as you should when on holiday.
- There were all-day snacks, fruit and water bottles freely available in the lobby which was great for grabbing on your way out for a day of sightseeing.
- They only use Hermes toiletries in each room which gave an added, luxurious touch. I loved that we were also welcomed with a note and an additional Hermes body and bath gift, while a comfy gown and slippers offered additional comfort.
- The staff were absolutely wonderful, helpful, prompt, informed, spoke excellent English and there is a 24 hour front desk.
- It is a short walk from the Metro station, Moulin Rouge and Palais Garnier. It is close to numerous shops and restaurants and the Place de Clichy area is alive and buzzing. Despite the buzz, the road it is in is wonderfully quiet at night.
- I liked the fact that it’s a small hotel. I always find when this is the case, especially in boutique hotels, your needs are met promptly and services are more personalised. On that note, it was great that when we arrived at 11:30am our room was ready and we could simply check in without waiting until 2pm.
- They have a great gym and spa.
- They’ve been rated 9/10 on booking.com by over 500 travellers.
- For all of the above reasons, we found it to give us good value for money. Depending on when you go in the year, don’t expect to pay less than R2500 per night, but you can expect to enjoy your stay thoroughly. For the best price, I recommend booking directly with them at www.hotelrdeparis.com, but again of course this may vary.
All images by Abdul Malick Ally