SINGAPORE, TRAVEL / Saturday / May 11th, 2013
Singapore: Universal Studios!Last weekend I enjoyed an amazing three days in Singapore, and the short but activity-packed stay left me jet-lagged like never before (a feeling which, strangely enough, can become somewhat addictive). It was my second time there and while it’s not my favourite kind of city, there’s something for everyone and is incredibly beautiful, cosmopolitan, fashionable, clean, safe and efficient. However the day spent at Universal Studios theme park is completely worth the trek abroad to this city-that-is-also-a-country. Being among these regal sets, rides with the best and most famous soundtracks playing in the background made you feel like you were in the movie, and the crescendo of music playing as you leave the park convince you that you just saved the world or did a truly great thing for mankind. With rides, stores and “sets” from movies/shows like The Mummy, Battlestar Galactica, Shrek, Madagascar, Transformers, Jurassic Park and Sesame Street, be prepared to be thrilled, enchanted and left in awe. Replay moments of your favourite movies by being a part of them. The attention to detail is so maticulous and fantastically overwhelming I could never effectively explain. For me the highlights were:
- – The Revenge of the Mummy themed indoor and underground rollercoaster. I loved the part of the ride where it ran really fast in complete darkness, and light-projected ghosts make you scream even louder along the way.
- – Seeing a life-size exact model of Optimus Prime transformed.
- – The massive Universal Studios rotating globe at the entrance.
- – Genuinely believing the T-Rex was going to bite my head off at the end of the Jurassic Park water ride.
- – Candy-floss in the Far Far Away Kingdom courtyard and Shrek’s house from the swamp
- – Standing in a warehouse stage set while a simulated hurricane is created = uhh-mazing.
- – An actual Sesame Street
- – Hugging the Cookie Monster… because I am actually still seven years old.
- – So many souvenirs…
Two Battlestar Galactica roller coasters intertwine with one anotherThe Monsters Rock show is unexpectedly amazing and filled with so much talent!