When it comes to shopping for beauty products, there is nothing more frustrating than when your coveted products aren’t available in South Africa/your home country. Despite there being re-sellers specializing in selling original beauty products which they bring into the country, at the end of the day they won’t always stock everything, so if there’s anything else you want, you’re going to have to make a plan to get it yourself.
I’ve specifically been looking for a good home derma roller and those little suction machines that unblock your pores. I then found some of these items for sale on Amazon.com and they came backed up by real rave reviews online, however, some of these trusted sellers don’t ship to SA.
On that note, I recently discovered Aramex Global Shopper, and it not only makes shipping to SA possible from stores around the world, but it also helps to make delivery cheaper, faster and so much more!
In a nutshell this is how it works:
- You visit aramexglobalshopper.com and you register as a member. It’s a lifetime membership and costs $45 USD, however, you can sign up with my unique code AGS5FBB and get a whopping $40 off, so you only pay $5 dollars for your membership!
- As a member, you are issued with 22 delivery addresses around the world (kind of like a PO Box).
- When you shop from your favourite international store, you put in the delivery address best suited or closest to the country of the store’s origin.
- The store sends your purchase to your chosen Aramex Global Shopper address. Very important – once it has arrived at the AGS hub, you need to upload your invoice from the store you purchased from to your AGS profile. You will get a notification when it has arrived and then you will need to upload the invoice. This saves time when processing your order as the contents of your package will be clearly itemized.
- From here, AGS will send the package straight to your door.
- All customs charges and shipping fees are included in your final amount when checking out on the AGS website. There’s no fetching it from customs and no surprise tax fee when it’s delivered.
- Please note, when ordering beauty products, you could incur UP TO 45% in customs duties and taxes.
- Their delivery costs are significantly cheaper than other couriers or delivery options because they base the charge on the actual weight, not the volumetric weight, regardless of size. So basically if your package is massive but only weighs 500g, you’re only paying for 500g!
- You are sent regular updates about the status of your parcel.
- You can track and pay for your shipments via the Aramex Global Shopper App.
- There is the option for the protection of precious cargo. For more information, please visit AGS Protect.
- The amount of addresses you are given are spread all over the world and really gives you access to a lot of online stores. While some retailers (such as Sephora) don’t accept a forwarding address, it’s still beneficial because you often find your item at other stores that do allow this form of delivery.
- The service is fast. Items generally take 5-10 working days from the initial purchase.
- As mentioned before, it’s a lifetime membership. As eCommerce grows, we may find ourselves in a time where a membership like this is essential.
- The service is great not only for purchasing beauty items but also technology, clothing, eBay items and so much more! Just be sure to check their list of prohibited items before processing an order.
It’s really that simple and awesome! Again, don’t forget you can sign up to the service via www.aramexglobalshopper.com and get $40 dollars off of the $45 signup fee using my code AGS5FBB. Just enter the code during the checkout stage of the registration process and enjoy this massive saving! For the service summary from Aramex global Shopper themselves, check out the video at the end of this post.
If this helped and you use AGS, tag me in your purchase, I’d love to see what you bought :) Happy shopping!
This post was done in collaboration with Aramex Global Shopper.